January 3, 2022
CHICAGO – Relative Value Partners Group, LLC (“RVP”), a comprehensive wealth management firm based in Northbrook, Illinois, which serves wealthy families and institutional clients nationwide, is pleased to welcome industry veteran Rebecca Deaton and her six-person team as part of the firm’s strategic initiative to grow its wealth management and planning capabilities while expanding its partnership team.
The team transaction closed on December 31, 2021.
As a new Partner and Financial Advisor at RVP, Deaton will provide financial guidance to clients and help lead the strategic direction of the firm. Prior to joining RVP, she was a Principal at Brownson, Rehmus & Foxworth, Inc. (“BRF”), leading a Chicago team of trusted advisors with deep industry relationships and a national client base of high-net-worth families.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, Deaton received her master’s degree from the University of Chicago’s Harris School of Public Policy Studies and her bachelor’s degree from Princeton University.
As part of the expansion, the following professionals have joined the RVP team as Advisors, providing integrated wealth management and planning services and helping clients achieve their financial goals:
- Ruth Uress, CFP®, Director – At BRF, Ruth served on the firm’s Financial Planning, Impact Investing, Investment Strategy and Private Equity Committees. She earned her bachelor’s degree in finance with a minor in French from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Jennifer Davis, CFP®, Vice President – At BRF, Jen served on the firm’s Impact Investing, Public Markets and Knowledge Management Committees. She received her bachelor’s degree from Princeton University.
- Whitney Spalding Spencer, CFP®, Vice President – At BRF, Whitney served on the firm’s Risk Management, Private Equity and Credit Committees. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Princeton University.
- Kate Glanz, CFP®, Vice President – At BRF, Kate served on the firm’s Investment Strategy and Public Markets Committees. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Miami University in 2001.
- Quinn Martin, CFP®, Associate – At BRF, Quinn served on the firm’s Real Estate, Impact Investing and Investment Strategy Committees. He received his bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning and a minor in International Development Economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Alexandrea (Allie) Smith also joins RVP as a Client Service Administrator, where she will serve as a key point of contact for clients, managing their informational and transactional requests. Allie received her bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with a minor in Marketing from Bradley University.
“With the addition of Rebecca and her highly knowledgeable and experienced team of advisors, our firm will be able to offer more comprehensive planning services and support to our clients,” said Maury Fertig, RVP CIO and Co-Founder. “We’re glad for the opportunity to strengthen our already successful team of financial professionals.”
“Rebecca and her team are a great complement to our growing firm as we look for new ways to support our clients and address their complex and long-term financial needs,” said Robert Huffman III, RVP CEO and Co-Founder.
“My colleagues and I are excited to hit the ground running and begin contributing to the history of success at RVP,” Deaton said. “With such a strong, reputable firm, we’re ready to solve whatever financial puzzles our clients might encounter.”
About Relative Value Partners Group, LLC
Relative Value Partners Group, LLC is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving high net-worth individuals, families and institutions. Founded in 2004 and based in Northbrook, Illinois, the firm provides a full spectrum of services spanning investment strategies, financial planning, estate planning, tax planning and more. For more information about Relative Value Partners, please visit https://rvpllc.com/
Cautionary Note Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains certain forward-looking statements that reflect RVP’s current views with respect to certain current and future events. These forward-looking statements are, and will be, subject to many risks, uncertainties and factors relating to RVP’s operations and business environment, including, without limitation, uncertainty surrounding the current COVID-19 pandemic, which may cause future events to be materially different from these forward-looking statements or anything implied therein. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to RVP on the date of this release. RVP does not undertake to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements even if experience or future changes make it clear that any statements expressed or implied therein will not be realized. Additional information on risk factors that could affect RVP, which is a partner firm of Focus Financial Partners Inc. (“Focus”), may be found in Focus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Media Contact: Jay Scott, email@example.com, 484-695-3774